Re: Better device names for mdcfg and lvmcfg

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 01:00, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> At the moment, mdcfg and lvmcfg shows devfs style device names, e.g.:
>    Active devices for the RAID1 multidisk device:
>      [*] /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part7
>
> I'd like to use partman's much nicer names (humandev) from
> definitions.sh; however, this means those tools won't work anymore
> without partman.  Since partman is clearly the future, I personally
> wouldn't mind dropping mdcfg and lvmcfg for partitioner... how do
> others feel about this?  Or should humandev be split from
> definitions.sh and be split in a common package one can depend on?

I think it's ok, that they depend on partman, as it is the system used by the
installer. My only objection against partman is that it seems to be extremely
slow, but that's another issue :-)

However, we should consider renaming (md|lvm)cfg-util to (md|lvm)cfg, and
remove the util package.

--
Paul Fleischer // ProGuy
<proguy at proguy dot dk>