Re: PCMCIA CD-ROM drive missing ide-cs.o on sarge floppies

Joey,

>> However, the CD-ROM could not be recognised. In the set of modules on
>> the two drivers disks, the required ide/legacy/ide-cs.o file was missing.
>
> This was added to the CD in beta4.

Are you saying it was added to the CD driver floppy? That would be right.
Missed it by a week. :)

>> Can this file be included in the default set of boot floppies?
>
> Hang on, you say you're using floppies? Can't you boot off the CD drive?
>
> The pcmcia storage modules are too large to fit on the CD driver floppy.

Yes - I have to boot from floppies. The Portege 3480 does support booting
from CD, but I think last time I tried to boot Debian from CD it had
problems with the image format. (I understand it can only boot into a 1.4MB
image?) To be honest, I didn't try again with the sarge/testing CD.

But the pcmcia modules are on the Net driver floppy. So I load them from
there. The single missing module was ide-cs.o

--
Andrew Scott
http://www.aes.id.au/