Re: beta4 status

It looks like build 20040427 should succeed for all architectures and be
the final build for beta5. We should have all final images built in 24
hours.

What we have right now in the sarge_d-i CDs and in unstable is very
close to the final release. Only for powerpc and sparc are there
possibly some changes in the initrds that are still building. For all
the other architectures, there should be no changes, and so we need to
do any final testing we can.

Please test the images in unstable/main/installer-<arch>/current/ and in
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i

> > 	- hppa (anything approximating success besides second hand reports
> > 	        would be good)
> > 	- sparc CD installs, both sparc32 and sparc64
> > 		(or it goes back on the errata :-/)
> > 	- ia64 (just to confirm that the problems bdale reported to me
> > 	        are fixed)
> > 	- alpha (just to confirm there's nothing else now that
> > 	        debootstrap is fixed)
> > 	- i386 full desktop install from full CD

I still have not heard back on any of these except sparc CDs, which seem
to still be very broken. We fixed at least one of the problems with
them, and hopefully I'll get some more reports from there and can make
an informed decision about whether sparc CDs will be included in this
release.

--
see shy jo