Re: Removing boot loaders from debootstrap?

[Martin Michlmayr]
> Well, I think it's kinda ugly to install delo on a mipsel sub-arch
> which doesn't need it at all because it has its own boot loader.
> How do people from other arch think about this?  I intend to request
> removal from delo from debootstrap, but maybe we should do the same
> for other bootloaders.

I believe debootstrap should not install boot loaders by default on
any arch.  d-i is capable of installing extra packages as needed, and
because of this, I believe debootstrap should install as little as
possible.

But of course, the d-i boot loader installers need to be updated to
install the extra packages before debootstrap is updated to drop the
package.  I'm not sure if this has happened on all archs yet.