Re: Removing boot loaders from debootstrap?

* Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [2004-04-07 00:04]:
> On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 02:12:03PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > debootstrap installs delo (the DECstation boot loader) on all mipsel
> > systems, even though only DECstations need it.  I seem to recall a
> > discussion about removing all boot loaders from debootstrap since it's
> > d-i's task to install them.  What was the conclusion of this discussion?
>
> Whatever d-i needs is basically fine.

Well, I think it's kinda ugly to install delo on a mipsel sub-arch
which doesn't need it at all because it has its own boot loader.  How
do people from other arch think about this?  I intend to request
removal from delo from debootstrap, but maybe we should do the same
for other bootloaders.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com