Should base-config add added users to useful groups?

Bit of a mouthful of a subject.

I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to automatically add the non-root
user created by base-config to a few groups, e.g. cdrom, floppy, audio,
video?

Let's assume the case of someone using d-i to install Sarge on a machine
that will be that person's desktop (hey that's me!). Most likely it will
only have the one user. The installation will be more useful "out of the
box" for that non-priviledged user if that user can access the cdrom, and
the floppy drive and make noises come out of the speakers.

regards

Andrew