Re: Should base-config add added users to useful groups?

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 08:27:57PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to automatically add the non-root
> user created by base-config to a few groups, e.g. cdrom, floppy, audio,
> video?

Just ask the user, whether the specified user should have access to
audio/video/dri/floppy/disk/dip/etc. allowing to choose exactly which
groups these are.

"Should this newly created user"
[ ] have access to the floppy
[ ] be allowed to use the sound card
[ ] be allowed to burn CDs

and so on. I think this question would fit into base-config and could be
skipped by just hitting Enter (no groups).

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org