Re: timeline for beta 4

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):

> 17-22 april	string freeze; general development slowdown; porting continues

Please note that I will be away during most of the time during string
freeze. I'll try to keep french translation in a good shape before
leaving for my holidays (4/16 to 4/24) but as I won't have net access,
I won't be able to get the translators team ready for beta4
release. They will be on their own.....but most of them can manage
this..:-)

However, having someone following these things more closely during
that string freeze would be a good idea.

Maybe Dennis Stampfer or Denis Barbier would be of some help ?
(guys, CC'ing you just to be sure)

> We'll need to slow down on general development (in trunk, anyway) during
> this period, and begin to look at stabilising the installer. A lot of
> stuff has been breaking, and making things harder for porters. Porting
> will continue during this time period (might include 2.6 porting), and
> porters can break the string freeze if necessary.
>
> 23 april	upload translated udebs to archive
> 24 april	last possible changes to udebs on initrds
> 25 april	initrd builds
> 26 april	initrd builds continue (slow autobuilders)
> 27 april	cd building, testing
> 28 april	release beta 4

I think I'll be operational again on April 26th, just in time for
making the translation status for your announcement..:-)

> - Arabic and Hebrew display problems (progress has been made)

Unfortunately, still stuck and a bit lost in problems.....