Re: Location list proposal [was: why must Debian call Taiwan a "Province of China"?]

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 08:27, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 06:00:28PM -0700, Anthony Johnson wrote:
> > ICU's name list _is_ following ISO 3166, and so do
> > many other sources.
>
> What does that mean?  These lists are different, and ICU has a much less
> controversial wording.

Looks to me like they use ISO only for the _codes_ (two/three letters), I have
not been able to find a reference that explains what they base the
_descriptions_ for the codes on (very smart guys & gals :-).
(Except for the description of their decision making process, which looks
quite sane to me.)