Re: loop device install or how to skip partman ?

On  3.IV.2004 at 13:28 Joey Hess wrote:

> Sounds like you have all the pieces you need to write a partman-loop
> module that adds loopback support directly to partman.

Or even better: partman-crypto.  Partman-loop is a partial case of
partman-crypto. :-)

> Just mount /target, edit /var/lib/dpkg/status to mark partman as already
> configured, and skip over it in the menu.

I suppose that people will need this hack often (not only for partman,
but for other udebs also).  With the old installer it was easy to skip
some steps and do them manualy.

Anton Zinoviev