Re: Must debian-installer use iso-codes package when choosing country?

Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> So I wouldn't worry, as long as this is a list of *countries*, anyway,
> since there's no other *country* called Macedonia (given that Greece
Of course, as I said elsewhere, Taiwan can't be in a "country" list, so you
can't deal with both at once.  ;-)  Oh well.

> Well, maybe it would be better to go with a different, less political,
> more neutral list, like the names used on the National Geographic Society
> maps,
> for instance.  :-O  Going with the names used on maps would also guarantee
> the selection of genuinely short names, since mapmakers have physical
> problems putting overly-long names on their maps, and so won't do it.

But overall, I couldn't care less what names are used, so pay no attention
to me.

Though I have concluded that using countries for locale selection is not
really a good idea at all, in the long run; the only locale element that is
strictly country based is the currency, and sometimes not even that.
Unfortunately I don't have a better alternative.  :-P

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/