Re: BIDI support in Debian Installer : help needed

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 10:04:27PM -0800, Anmar Oueja wrote:
> Can you tell me when this version of fribidi and its patch to slang are
> gonna be in the Debian installer as I like to have them tested ASAP. I
> want to get some screen shots to get the translators motivated to get
> Arabic Support there ASAP :)

> Your kind response is greatly appreciated

Please see http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/slang/ for a
fribidi-enabled slang udeb.  Because fribidi is *not* enabled in the
regular .deb, testing this library on a fully installed system requires
unpacking the udeb by hand and loading the library (probably with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./unpacked-slang/lib/).

This udeb can't be uploaded to unstable until there is also a udeb
available for libfribidi0.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer