Re: OldWorld floppy images

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 03:40:38AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> I commited this stuff yesterday to SVN.

Thanks !

> Two problems remain now, one of them not being all that important
> maybe.
>
>   1) miboot and rsrce need to be packaged. Can you provide us with a
>   status report on this one, and maybe we can help with the legal stuff ?

The packages need to be polished. About the legal stuff, I haven't
received an answer for a week. Maybe reminder time ?

>   miboot and rsrce need to be added to the build-dependencies too then.

Only the interface provided by miboot is used. Rsrce is just a
dependency for miboot.

>   BTW, i couldn't find the rsrce package on your archive, where did you
>   put it, and did you already get a sponsor to upload it to the archive ?

http://sprite.fr.eu.org/dist/debian, just as miboot. But I just remarked
that some version of miboot is lying around in /dist, I'll have to do
some housekeeping :-)

I haven't got a sponsor. Maybe you can upload it once I've polished it a
bit ?

>   2) -boot, -boot-ofonly and -root don't build properly when building on
>   a system running a 2.6 kernel. The problem being during the depmod
>   phase, which dies with :
>
>     depmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

The Makefile seems to call depmod when creating the tree and
VERSIONED_SYSTEM_MAP is defined, but after a quik grep -r, I fail to see
how this could be the case...

--
Jeremie Koenig <sprite@sprite.fr.eu.org>