Re: OldWorld floppy images

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 02:50:47AM +0100, Jeremie Koenig wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 03:26:21AM -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:
> > So, can we make a root.img file that will fit on a 1.440 MB disk?
>
> There's a new version of the images which should fix your problems:
> 	http://sprite.fr.eu.org/d-i-oldworld/floppy/
>
> One of ofonlyboot.img and boot.img should work for you (the other will
> probably give no video output).

I commited this stuff yesterday to SVN. Two problems remain now, one of
them not being all that important maybe.

  1) miboot and rsrce need to be packaged. Can you provide us with a
  status report on this one, and maybe we can help with the legal stuff ?
  miboot and rsrce need to be added to the build-dependencies too then.
  BTW, i couldn't find the rsrce package on your archive, where did you
  put it, and did you already get a sponsor to upload it to the archive ?

  2) -boot, -boot-ofonly and -root don't build properly when building on
  a system running a 2.6 kernel. The problem being during the depmod
  phase, which dies with :

    depmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

  depmod is diverted by the module-init-tools package on my 2.6 box, and
  i got this message also when using the 2.6 modules together with the
  older modutil package. No idea what causes this though.

Thanks for your work on this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther