Re: Translations and changelogs, SVN

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:40:09AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Peter Mann wrote:
> > i made 'dch -i' because of "UNRELEASED"
> > may i wrote info about translation into changelogs?
> >
> > in some older changelogs there was info about not updating changelog
> > with translation info - there was some script ...
>
> We've switched over to that system entirely, please do not update
> changelogs for translations anymore.

Waow, great news.
It is then time to move a step forward and gather all translations
into a single location, as explained in
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n-0401/msg00061.html
Could we switch back to CVS to hack our CVSROOT/modules file? ;)

I would like to obtain the same result as in
   http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/CVSROOT/modules
ie having a top-level po/ directory containing aliases to all the
debian/po directories.  The ideal layout is
  po/
    <langcode>/
       <pkg1>/
           <langcode>.po  -> /trunk/packages/<pkg1>/debian/po/<langcode>.po
       <pkg2>/
           <langcode>.po  -> /trunk/packages/<pkg2>/debian/po/<langcode>.po
so that translators would only have to checkout po/<langcode>.

If this is not feasible, we can at least design our layout as
  po/
    <pkg1>/
        <langcode1>.po  -> /trunk/packages/<pkg1>/debian/po/<langcode1>.po
        <langcode2>.po  -> /trunk/packages/<pkg1>/debian/po/<langcode2>.po
    <pkg2>/
        <langcode1>.po  -> /trunk/packages/<pkg2>/debian/po/<langcode1>.po
        <langcode2>.po  -> /trunk/packages/<pkg2>/debian/po/<langcode2>.po
Then translators will have to checkout the po/ directory.

This directory can be put either below trunk/ or at the same level.
I prefer the latter, because with the former our working copies of
/trunk/ will contain duplicated files, which is a waste of disk space.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook/ch07s03.html contains informations
to accomplish this goal.  Is someone familiar with definitions of such
aliases?  I wonder whether this can be done both for svn and svn+ssh
methods.

Denis