Re: BETA3: some notes

Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 22:59, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> >> README.html has a link to "install/doc/install-en.html"
> >> Meanwhile, there are only index.en.html and INSTALLATION-HOWTO in
> >> that directory.
>
> > joey:/mnt>grep install-en.html README.html
> > zsh: exit 1     grep install-en.html README.html
>
> Sorry, the filename should be "install.en.html"  not "-".

Ok, that's been corrected.

> > That's only the default if you told it you were in the US. "Other" is
> > not the appropriate defalt US timezone; EST is.
>
> I have just tried to install beta3 twice: once on expert mode and
> once in default mode.
>
> In expert mode: you will be asked to select a country. Therefore,
> later it will be prompted in that country time zone menu.
>
> In default mode: you will be only asked to select a language
> (I prefer en_US) and then the keyboard layout (I prefer American
> English). --> This will later prompt an American Time Zone menu.

In either mode when you select your language you have a chance at the
same time to select either a specific country (it offers the US, UK, and
Australia for English), or select your language with a country
unspecifed. If you do that you will be given the opportunity to select
from larger lists of countries.

> SUGGESTION: No problem with "EST" as a default US timezone. However,
> is it possible to PUT "OTHER" on top of that "EST", even it is not
> default?

I dislike putting "other" at the top of the list. This means you scroll
all the way down the list, don't find your time zone for some reason,
now you have to scroll all the way back up to the top to pick the
"other" entry. It also encourages users to choose "other" instead of
scrolling down the list to find their timezone, which is probably in
there.

--
see shy jo