Re: BETA3: some notes

Joey Hess wrote:

>> * CDROM links:
>>   - "install-en.html" does not exists.
>>     temporal suggestions: create an "install-en.html" file with an
>>     URL link to INSTALLATION-HOWTO.
> I cannot find this link on the CD. What file is it in?

README.html has a link to "install/doc/install-en.html"
Meanwhile, there are only index.en.html and INSTALLATION-HOWTO in
that directory.

>> * "Partition Disk" menu
>>   - suggestion: it would be more convenient, if putting the
>>     "Finish Partitioning" menu on the TOP (especially if there are
>>     many IDE disks with many partitions).
> Did you have so many that it was hard to find it?

No hard, but lazy to scroll to the bottom of the list menu.

>> * "Time Zone" menu
>>   - suggestion: it would be more convenient, if putting the
>>     "Other Region" menu on the TOP (especially for non US regions).
> Which in particular?

The current default page is an "USA time zone" page plus an
"OTHER" anchor at the end of the list. Is it possible to move that
"OTHER" anchor to the top of the menu list?

>> * "Apt-Configuration"
>>   - while manually selecting a http mirror;
>>     suggestion: inform that the hostname is with NO "http://"; prefix
> Hostnames are hostnames..

Well, but "Bob User" may get confused :).

>>   - problem: how to add manually a "non-US" section?
> Broken, out of date, not supported.

README.html still mention abount "non-US".

[Perhaps OT]: I am just aware that the "non-US" mirror is not
updated anymore... (I maintain http://komo.vlsm.org/ and
http://kambing.vlsm.org/).
May I know where I can read more about this issue?

PS [Perhaps OT]:

- You might want to list http://komo.vlsm.org/ as an Indonesian
  mirror site. It has a slow international link. However, it
  has a 100 MBps link to the domestic internet exchange.

  Meanwhile the old mirror, http://kambing.vlsm.org/ is only
  suitable for internal use at the University of Indonesia.

regards,

--
Rahmat M.  Samik-Ibrahim -- vLSM.org  -- http://rms46.vLSM.org/ --
Fetch my GNUPG public key at http://rms46.vlsm.org/pgp/pub.txt ---