Re: BETA3: some notes

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 22:59, Joey Hess wrote:

>> README.html has a link to "install/doc/install-en.html"
>> Meanwhile, there are only index.en.html and INSTALLATION-HOWTO in
>> that directory.

> joey:/mnt>grep install-en.html README.html
> zsh: exit 1     grep install-en.html README.html

Sorry, the filename should be "install.en.html"  not "-".

>> The current default page is an "USA time zone" page plus an
>> "OTHER" anchor at the end of the list. Is it possible to move that
>> "OTHER" anchor to the top of the menu list?

> That's only the default if you told it you were in the US. "Other" is
> not the appropriate defalt US timezone; EST is.

I have just tried to install beta3 twice: once on expert mode and
once in default mode.

In expert mode: you will be asked to select a country. Therefore,
later it will be prompted in that country time zone menu.

In default mode: you will be only asked to select a language
(I prefer en_US) and then the keyboard layout (I prefer American
English). --> This will later prompt an American Time Zone menu.

SUGGESTION: No problem with "EST" as a default US timezone. However,
is it possible to PUT "OTHER" on top of that "EST", even it is not
default?

PS:
- instead of timeout waiting, is it possible to add a message like:
  "Hit CTRL-C to bypass  security.debian.org" ? Consider that some
  will have no access to bypass the firewall.

- minor glitch(?): the installer will complain that "3c59x ethernet"
  is missing (expert mode).

regards,

--
Rahmat M.  Samik-Ibrahim -- vLSM.org  -- http://rms46.vLSM.org/ --