Re: [LOGO] Debian boot logo informal poll

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 00:33, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> Since we obviously need to pick a boot logo, I'm setting up an informal poll.
> I don't have the power to say "whatever the poll says, we do", but I guess
> most people will be quite OK with the results.
>
> We'll follow Debian's ordinary voting procedures with regard to determining
> a winner (ie. modified Condorcet voting), but I won't announce it on
> debian-vote and I won't require GPG signed votes. (Please try to stay honest.
> :-) )

Oh, I didn't spot this at first. I was thinking even less informally,
and I'm trying to get the boot logo page to distinguish the logos more
clearly so I could set up a poll on debianplanet.org.

I think for an informal poll such as this, it doesn't make much sense to
use a very sophisticated voting mechanism. There hasn't really been any
requests to design more choices, and perhaps the poll would inspire
artists to create even better suggestions.

Of course, having several polls shouldn't hurt...

:)

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>