Installation report: FAILED on i386

About Message-id: <[🔎] 4058B708.4030005@twcny.rr.com>

I have similar setup as follows:
   CPU:     P4 1.6 GHz
   Make:    Myself
   Chipset: i875/ICH5R
   M/B:     Gigabyte GA-8i875
   PATA Primary: Maxtor 160 GB    Slave: None
        2ndary:  LG GSA-4081B     Slave  Ymaha CRW-F1
   SATA0:   Seagate 160GB
   SATA1:   None

I installed using daily-build of sid March 4th.
Cuurrent
image failed due to faulty partman, I believe.  It
does not let me use partitions solely on /dev/hde).
Through my experience with ICH5 SATA, I know you
really understand what you are doing.  I did the same.
 I disabled chipset RAID function (before I had 2 SATA
disk).
I attached 3 files of my successful installation for
you to examine: /etc/fstab, /boot/grub/menu.lst, and
/var/log/dmesg.  Apparently it still produces some
errors, but d-i team has really come a long way.  And
I truelly appreciate their effort.

Toshikazu Aiyama