Re: d-i: Alt+Bksp in text field shouldn't quit to menu

reassign 238443 libnewt0.51
tags 238443 + d-i
thanks

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 08:48:56PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
[...]
> > When I pressed Alternate+Backspace, rather than it deleting the
> > previous word as Emacs and Readline-based programs such as Bash
> > would, I was dropped back to the main install menu.
> >
> > It's understandable if text fields don't fully support Emacs-like key
> > bindings, but ideally they shouldn't exit a screen.
>
> I tried this and it works in select lists too. cdebconf seems to behave
> as if the back button or escape had been pressed when I press
> alt-backspace.

Debconf dialog interface has a similar behavior, slang returns an escape
for any undefined escape sequence.  I reassign this bug to libnewt0.51,
newt.c could define more escape sequences; AFAICT this cannot be done
elsewhere.

Denis