netinst.iso 2004-03-08: problem with GRUB/LILO

Hi,

I had a small problem, not sure whether this is a bug or what.
For some reasons(*) I like to install LILO, not GRUB.  d-i
doesn't let me a choice and installes GRUB.  Before finishing
d-i and rebooting I selected in the menu to install LILO.
That failed with an error message like "LILO installation
failed".  Because I was afraid that the MBR might be in trouble
now, I decided to select GRUB in the menu.  Again, I got a
similar error message "GRUB installation failed" or so.  What's
the best way to get LILO with current d-i?

Cheers, WB

(*) AFAIK, GRUB has nothing like LILOs -R option (crucial for
    remote kernel updates) and also is not as nice in respect
    to SW-RAID1.  Maybe I'm wrong and should use GRUB anyway.