Sarge new install | It loops

Until now I had a very kind help from Joey Hess, but recently he is probably
very busy; can someone suggest me what to do?
I am trying to install debian for the first time in my life and I choose sarge
because I was told that the new installer helps.
Joey wrote that the installer "is failing to autodetect your ethernet card" and
asked me to try a command:
~# modprobe 3c59x
and this is the answer:
insmod: 3c59x.o: no module by that name found
modprobe: failed to load 3c59x

My pc has two cards:
- 3Com 3c900 10BaseT Boomerang - the one I use now to connect to the internet
with SuSE.
- Intel 8281 BA/BAM/CA/CAM Ethernet Controller - It is something included in the
motherboard, and I never used it, and also fear to touch it.

If I can only use the first one in the future I am happy.

I am using debian installer sarge-i386-netinst.iso downloaded from
http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/daily/i386/20040228/

Here is the sequence of the installation, step by step:

Inserted installer cd.
Switched the machine on.
Pressed ENTER to boot.
'Choose Language' -> en
'Choose Country' -> other -> Italy
'Select a Keyboard Layout' -> Italian
('Detecting Hardware...')
('Detecting Hardware...')
'Please choose the module for your card from the list of known modules. If the
correct module is not listed, you may need to load additional modules from a
driver floppy. In that case, choose the option which indicates that your module
is not listed' -> 'Module needed by your ethernet card' - > 'None of the above'
CONTINUE
And I found myself into a page titled: "Debian Installer Main Menu".

This is the same as yesterday.
Now, I tried and push myself to the limits :-)
So I was in...

Screen A --

'Debian Installer Main Menu'
with 'Detect network hardware' selected

I pressed 'ENTER'

Screen B --

'The following Linux kernel modules were detected as matching your hardware. If
you know some are unnecessary, or cause problems, you can choose not to load
them. If you're unsure, you should leave them all selected.
Modules to load:

[*] [Unknown] (Unknown PHILIPS CDRW48P)
[*] [Unknown] (Unknown CREATIVE CD5233E)
[*] e100 (Intel Corporation EtherExpress PRO/100)
[*] 3c59x (3Com Corporation 3c900 10BaseT [Boomerang])
[*] ide-scsi (Linux IDE-SCSI emulation layer)
[*] ide-mod (Linux IDE driver)
[*] ide-probe-mod (LINUX IDE probe driver)
[*] ide-floppy (Linux IDE floppy)

I pressed and a new screen loaded:

Screen C --

'Detecting hardware and loading kernel modules'
'Please choose the module for your card from the list of known modules. If the
correct module is not listed, you may need to load additional modules from a
driver floppy. In that case, choose the option which indicates that your module
is not listed.'
'Module needed by your ethernet card:'

[none of the above]

I selected 'none of the above' (no other choice was present :-) and pressed

It goes back to...

Screen D --

'Debian Installer Main Menu'
with 'Detect network hardware' selected

I press ENTER and try again.
This time the story changes.

Screen E --

'Detect network hardware'
'Some hardware may be automatically detected. If you don't use automatic
detection, you will be prompted to identify your hardware.'
'Try to detect hardware'

I answer and again this screen is loaded:

[*] [Unknown] (Unknown PHILIPS CDRW48P)
[*] [Unknown] (Unknown CREATIVE CD5233E)
[*] e100 (Intel Corporation EtherExpress PRO/100)
[*] 3c59x (3Com Corporation 3c900 10BaseT [Boomerang])
[*] ide-scsi (Linux IDE-SCSI emulation layer)
[*] ide-mod (Linux IDE driver)
[*] ide-probe-mod (LINUX IDE probe driver)
[*] ide-floppy (Linux IDE floppy)

I leave again all the fields selected with '*' and press

'Unable to load some modules'
'Linux kernel modules needed to drive some of your hardware are not available
yet. If you need to use this hardware to install, you will need to load more
kernel modules from a driver floppy. Missing modules, and the devices that need
them are: e100 (Intel Corporation EtherExpress PRO/100), 3c59x (3Com Corporation
3c900 10BaseT [Boomerang]), ide-scsi (Linux IDE-SCSI emulation layer)'

I press and from now on it goes back to Screen C and it enters a loop
where the same sequence of screens are shown again and again.

Please, what do you suggest, now?
Is this installer buggy?
Should I download another one (which one, in case)?
Or am I doing something wrong?
Luigi

Sponsor:
Con KLM puoi risparmiare fino a 20 Euro sul tuo biglietto aereo prenotando on line per Usa, Europa e il resto del mondo
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1259&d=11-3