Re: netinst.iso 2004-03-08: problem with GRUB/LILO

Package: prebaseconfig
Tags: d-i

W. Borgert wrote:
> I had a small problem, not sure whether this is a bug or what.
> For some reasons(*) I like to install LILO, not GRUB.  d-i
> doesn't let me a choice and installes GRUB.  Before finishing
> d-i and rebooting I selected in the menu to install LILO.
> That failed with an error message like "LILO installation
> failed".  Because I was afraid that the MBR might be in trouble
> now, I decided to select GRUB in the menu.  Again, I got a
> similar error message "GRUB installation failed" or so.  What's
> the best way to get LILO with current d-i?

You went back from the final screen before rebooting. Problem is that at
that screen it has already unmounted /target.

The best thing to do currently is to go back from previous screen that
asks for the device to install grub to. Or use expert mode.

I think it would be better if prebaseconfig waited to unmount the
filesystems until after the final question. This would avoid this type
of confusion. It must be done with care though.

--
see shy jo