Re: [i18n] aboot-installer now uses changelog-changes script

Quoting Nikolai Prokoschenko (nikolai@prokoschenko.de):

> Hmm. Looking into the file I see all the languages, but this list is
> not usable in some cases, like the mentioned zh_TW, in which I can
> only tell it's Chinese, but not which "flavour" it is. Should I just
> write something like "Chinese (TW) by <....> "? The same for Brazilian
> Portuguese. I could use the  iso_3166_1.tab file, but it would yield
> something like "Chinese (Taiwan, Province of China)", but it's not how
> it's meant to be. Analogous for pt_BR: "Portuguese (Federative
> Republic of Brazil)". I'm confused ;)

You need to make exceptions for zh_TW, zh_CN and pt_BR because these
languages flavours do not have different ISO 639 codes (for reasons we
debated recently here, btw)

> I think the logic is so simple, that if the translators update the
> PO-Revision-Date and the maintainer of the package inserts a correct
> revision date (both should be the case), then it will definitely work.
> But, like I said, the script needs testing.

Hmmm, what happens if translators update, then one templates is
changed, debconf-updatepo is run (which changes PO-Revision-Date),
then another translators make updates?

I fear that only the lastest translator changes will then appear.

Thus, for each debconf-updatepo run, we HAVE to run the script before,
then update the changelog with its output. Will be hard to remember...:-)