Re: netcfg broken? (20040224 image)

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 10:13:28AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> I don't understand what happened here.

netcfg was upload with a depends for libiw27, but there is no libiw
udeb which can provide that.

So build method which uses netcfg in the initrd were broken. I fix that
with a add in build/debian/control. But if netcfg wasn't in the initrd,
it failed later, so joey rebuild it with statical libiw.

> So supposedly, it would need both the new netcfg (which we have) and a
> rebuilding of the installer image to fix this ?

once netcfg with libiw dynamic linking and libiw-udeb are in the
archive, build/debian/control can be revert.

Anyway that I understand.

--
Thomas Poindessous