Re: Install report about localized install

Quoting lucifer@email.cz (lucifer@email.cz):
> Dear list.
>
> I am trying new Debian installer (sid_d-i sarge-i386-netinst.iso
> from 5.2.2004). I choose installation in czech, everything goes ok,
> but labels in cfdisk are showing only to the first accented character
> and then disappear.

Yes, this is bug #229875 for which Kenshi Muto provided a patch to
util-linux

> After reboot (to second-stage), I don't see (czech) accented
> characters, but some other symbols (like percent, box, average mark,
> ...) instead of š,č,ř... Some texts are not localized and are showing
> in english (creating user and mail setup).

The non localized strings are due to missing translation in sarge
versions of exim4 and shadow packages.

Exim4 is indeed translated to Czech....that's a bit strange that you
don't see translated templates...Miroslav, could you look at this more
deeply?

User creation is done by the shadow package. The czech trnaslation is
sitting in #229125 as well as many other debconf translations for this
package.

The accented charcater problem is more worrying. However, it may
probably be related to #226200 which was closed on Feb 5th by a
base-config upload.

You should check with a more recent daily build, if possible.