Re: upgading sparc d-i bugs to release-critical

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 12:24:32AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Blars Blarson]
> > Unless someone convinces me otherwise, I'll upgrade them to grave in
> > two days.
>
> You seem to assume that raising the priority will make someone fix the
> bug faster.  I believe this assumption is wrong.  In my view, it is
> completely useless to change the priority.  If you want the bug fixed,
> submit patches and talk about the remaining issues.  It is the only
> sure way to make sure the problem is fixed.  Also, make sure the tags
> are correct (d-i, i18n, patch).
>
> I see that some of the bugs have patches included.  That is good.  I
> also see from <URL:http://popcon.debian.org/> that sparc is the third
> most common architecture in Debian, so I am sure there must be enough
> sparc people around to get the remaining problems fixed.

As I said, all of the six bugs I am talking about have patches in the
BTS.  For the packages maintained by the d-i group, I can see about
getting commit access on alioth and spend some time figuring out CVS.
For the others, RC status helps justify an NMU if the maintianer won't
fix the bug.

Some DDs (like myself) do give priority to RC bugs in our packages.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html