Re: unable to load wireless card from beta2

David - I solved my problem.  I've discovered the last piece of the
puzzle to fix this for my wireless nic.  the NetGear MA401 is NOT in the
/etc/pcmcia/config-2.4 file.

I was comparing Knoppix files to sarge and noticed that knoppix had an
entry for my card and sarge didn't:

card "Netgear MA401RA Wireless Adapter"
  version "NETGEAR MA401RA Wireless PC", "Card"
  bind "orinoco_cs"

This sounds like I should submit a bug report so we can add this, right?
If so, what is it to be logged against?

Note that I had to implement changes related to this post as well before
getting to this point as well.  Don't know if these steps are filed as
well:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/debian-boot-200401/msg00219.html

There are other cards that aren't in the config-2.4 file in addition to
mine - that may be a reason why PCMCIA installs aren't working so
well...

Hope this helps and let me know if there's some extra info that I can
give.

Thanks,
-john

--
John Lavin <jlavin@wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net                  ,''`.
Fingerprint: B0AA 4A33 D43F BA67 E524  22F3 DA3B F8C8 2BA4 8C46        : :' :