Re: goals for next release

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 12:27:47PM -0000, Dermot Bradley wrote:
> > Or backport the support to 2.4.24, which i guess would be much more
> > likely to happen, until 2.4.25 is released. Any date for that ?
>
> kernel 2.4.24 has version 6.18 of the vendor's drive. 2.4.25 will have
> version 6.21.

Yep.

> The vendor already supplies full diffs for driver 6.21 at
> http://www.syskonnect.de/syskonnect/support/driver/htm/sk98lin.htm for
> 2.4.23 kernel.

Cool, now you must convince Herbert to apply these to the official
debian kernels, and everyone should be happy.

I guess the best way would be to open a bug report against
kernel-source-2.4.24 or something such, with tag d-i and patch, explain
your problem, and either provide the link to the patch or the patch
directly as attachement, and CC the bugreport to debian-boot.

> I'm more than willing to act as a guinea pig for testing debian-installer
> on my NForce2 board.

Yeah, but actually it has nothing to do with debian-installer, just a
plain 'debian official kernel doesn't support my hardware' kind of bug.

Friendly,

Sven Luther