Re: goals for next release

>  - security fixed, 2.4.24 kernel (with SATA support)
>
>        Done for stock i386.
>
>	Other arches may not be able to update to 2.4.24, but should at
>	least be updated to versions w/o all the security problems.
>	I think powerpc is completly fixed already, what about the rest?
>
>	This also seems like a must for the next release.
>
>	ETA: Couple of weeks?

Please please please can you consider using 2.4.25-pre6 (or later) for the
installer as otherwise people with motherboards with onboard Marvell
gigabit ethernet chipsets won't have a working ethernet adaptor
otherwise....

The changes in 2.4.25-pre6 add recognition/support for this ethernet chip
on motherboards from Asus, ECS, Foxconn, Gigabyte, Abit, Iwill, Epox,
Albatron. As many recent motherboards from these manufacturers now have
these as their sole ethernet (or 2nd ethernet in the case of some NForce2
boards with NVidia chip that 2.4 kernel does not yet handle) there are
likely to be a lot of people unable to use the debian-installer.