Re: Bits about countrychooser and languagechooser

On 28.I.2004 at  9:04 Christian Perrier wrote:

> This will have the following consequences:
>
> -ru_DE will be your default locale

ru_DE is nonsence unless someone defines such a locale.  LANG=ru_DE is
equivalent to LANG=C.  The default locale _must_ be an existing locale.

On 28.I.2004 at 17:40 Nikolai Prokoschenko wrote:

> I have done some differentiation on LC_CURRENCY, which is set to
> de_DE.UTF-8 also at home.

Probably you mean something like this:

LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=de_DE.UTF-8@euro
LC_PAPER=de_DE.UTF-8@euro
LC_ADDRESS=de_DE.UTF-8@euro
LC_TELEPHONE=de_DE.UTF-8@euro
LC_MEASUREMENT=de_DE.UTF-8@euro

The idea is that the currency, the default paper-format, the format
for mail-addresses, phone numbers and the default measurement units
depend on the country, all other depends on the language.

(For ru_RU and de_DE some of these are equivalent, but I listed all
variables for completeness.)

Anton Zinoviev