Re: Bits about countrychooser and languagechooser

Denis Barbier wrote:
> My suggestion was much more humble, I was thinking about something like:
>
> 	Language selected:  English
>
> 	Based on your chosen language, the following
>  	default settings can be used for the install.
>  	If they are fine, you won't be prompted for them
> 	anymore.  Otherwise you will be able to change
> 	these settings during the install.
>
>  		   Country:         United States
>  		   Keyboard:        us
>  		   Time Zone:       US/Eastern
>  		   Debian mirror:   http.us.debian.org
>
>  		Do you accept these settings?
> 		       [*] Yes   [ ] No

That does have the advantage of not needing to really be able to
configure the mirror and time zone immediatly after languagechooser
(using the packages in the initrd). Any thoughts though on how it would
get the default mirror and timezone info? And as I see it the problem
with just a yes/no is that in the example above, probably 50% of the
users will not be in that time zone, and this will mean they'll have to
manually pick keyboard, mirror, and country too if they say "no".

--
see shy jo