Re: Bits about countrychooser and languagechooser

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 06:59:26PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Denis Barbier wrote:
> > One could also display a question similar to netcfg/confirm_static, ie.
> > after selecting a language, user is asked whether deduced default values
> > are right.
>
> That has potential, something like this:
>
> 	Based on your chosen language, the following
> 	default settings will be used for the install.
>
> 	Select an item to configure, or continue:
>
> 		   Language:        English
> 		   Country:         United States
> 		   Keyboard:        us
> 		   Time Zone:       US/Eastern
> 		   Debian mirror:   http.us.debian.org
>
> 		-> Continue, using above settings
>
> Of course d-i doesn't do time zone configs right now, and probably
> shouldn't, and choose-mirror might not be available during
> languagechooser, and so a lot would need to be reorganised to do this.
> It would allow for debian installs with 3-4 keypresses though, if used
> with dhcp and autopartitioning.

My suggestion was much more humble, I was thinking about something like:

	Language selected:  English

	Based on your chosen language, the following
 	default settings can be used for the install.
 	If they are fine, you won't be prompted for them
	anymore.  Otherwise you will be able to change
	these settings during the install.

 		   Country:         United States
 		   Keyboard:        us
 		   Time Zone:       US/Eastern