Re: Bits about countrychooser and languagechooser

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 08:11:24PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
[...]
> Otherwise, we would have to extend the languagelist over and over,
> making it slowly unreadable.

Please note also that very long lists are painful with a text frontend,
and Mario Lang told that this frontend will surely be used in
access.img.

> But, maybe, simplifying languagechooser was not the best idea : we
> could keep the current list, with the most common language_COUNTRY
> combinations.
>
> But, in the same time, add an "Other" entry for all languages. This
> "Other" entry would then trigger countrychooser (maybe showing a
> subset of the whole country list....with all *possible* countries,
> according to /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED).

One could also display a question similar to netcfg/confirm_static, ie.
after selecting a language, user is asked whether deduced default values
are right.

Denis