Re: Building d-i

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 06:40:08PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > The images at http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sid_d-i/netinst/alpha/
> > are built daily at should be quite usable.  (The ones not in the sid
> > directory are built daily but are NOT usable, because there's a nice
> > catch-22 with "only packages for beta2 will be pushed into testing",
> > "only architectures that have good install reports can be considered for
> > beta status", and "ISOs built from sarge are unusable because they only
> > include udebs from testing". ;)

> Let me break that catch-22 right now: I have no problem with moving any
> packages into sarge for architectures that have not yet released for
> beta2, if the package is architecture dependent. Architecture
> independant packages effect for all architectures, so have the
> potential to break them, so must be updated in sarge with more caution.

This works well for aboot-installer, which is alpha-specific and is
probably ready to move into testing at this time; but based on tester
feedback, the other package that's been updated is <cough>
linux-kernel-di, in the hopes that 2.4.24 supports a wider range of
hardware than 2.4.22 did (and this seems to be the case).  Your
thoughts?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer