Re: Building d-i

Steve Langasek wrote:
> The images at http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sid_d-i/netinst/alpha/
> are built daily at should be quite usable.  (The ones not in the sid
> directory are built daily but are NOT usable, because there's a nice
> catch-22 with "only packages for beta2 will be pushed into testing",
> "only architectures that have good install reports can be considered for
> beta status", and "ISOs built from sarge are unusable because they only
> include udebs from testing". ;)

Let me break that catch-22 right now: I have no problem with moving any
packages into sarge for architectures that have not yet released for
beta2, if the package is architecture dependent. Architecture
independant packages effect for all architectures, so have the
potential to break them, so must be updated in sarge with more caution.

--
see shy jo