Re: idea on how to automate the install (kickstart feature)

Holger Schurig wrote:
> This brought my so far that all the right answers were pre-selected.
> Unfortunately, the dialogs were still displayed, despite the "Flags: seen"
> fields. Not only in kbd-chooser, but also in other modules.
>
> Here is a source-code excerpt from d-i-cvs/tools/netcfg/netcfg-common.c:

> int my_debconf_input(struct debconfclient *client, char *priority,
>                      char *template, char **p)
> {
>     int ret = 0;
>     debconf_fset(client, template, "seen", "false");

I belive that all the seen flag setting code currently in d-i is now
unnecessary. debconf/showold is set by default in d-i, so cdebconf will
happily redisplay all questions repeatedly. So we should probably rip
all the seen flag setting code out, both to simplify, to save a little
space, and to better allow for automated installs.

--
see shy jo