Re: ia64 beta2 install report

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 12:09:00PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Richard Hirst wrote:
> > apt config after booting requires you to hit <cancel> to get out of the
> > "add apt source" screen.  I think after adding the first one, it should
> > give you a "do you want to add another" screen.
>
> This is not specific to the ia64 port. I think I have fixed the logic
> error in apt-setup, but I have still not managed to test it
> satesfactorally.

I replaced the base-config deb on an ia64 beta2 netinst ISO with one
built from cvs a few hours ago and did a test install.  Now it gives me
the "choose an apt source" screen, I select http, and a local mirror, it
loads package files from my mirror and from security.d.o, and then goes
directly to the "install software" screen (offering tasksel, aptitude,
etc).

So it does indeed seem to be fixed.

Richard