Re: beta 2 and beyond

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 07:04:08AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):
> > Christian Perrier wrote:
> > > However, I find its location in the CVS tree quite strange. Why isn't
> > > it under tools? Seems a pretty minor problem but this needs to be
> > > fixed, imho.
> >
> > See the item about subversion.. ;-)
>
> Hmmm ? I can't say that I'm in favour of it.....I've just started to
> learn the CVS basics so switching to something else fears me a bit
> (old people fear changes, you know..:-)))

Subversion's designed specifically as a CVS replacement, but better. For
the basic work cycle, you can mostly replace 'cvs' with 'svn' and notice
quite little difference, with the exception that 'svn status' is much
more useful than 'cvs status' and something you use often.

There's a "Subversion for CVS Users" chapter in the Subversion book that
should help you.

Cheers,