Re: Problems building d-i on sparc: mklibs failed

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 01:45:16PM +0100, Joerg Friedrich wrote:

> Btw: I can now build d-i on sparc, but how can I make a cdimage for
> testing? After building d-i I got a cdrom-image.img  and a cdrom-initrd.gz

Three possibilities:

- If you are confident that the kernel and initrd have been built
  correctly and are ready to have other people test as well, publish
  these files somewhere and let manty@debian.org know that sparc is
  ready to have daily netinst images generated.

- If you have access to cvs.debian.org (is this open to the public
  yet?), download the debian-cd module from the debian-boot repository
  and build from there.  You will need to set up a mirror on the local
  system that at least contains those packages that are needed for the
  businesscard or netinst cd.

- If all else fails, you can take a look at the i386 rules in d-i;
  you'll find that there are rules there to make a bootable netinst
  CD image, you could create something similar for sparc for testing
  purposes.

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek