Re: Strange merge conflicts in d-i/tools/cdrom-detect/debian/po/fi.po

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 07:46:02PM +0200, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> How come d-i/tools/cdrom-detect/debian/po/fi.po is so messed up?

It is not.
There are conflicts because you have a locally modified version and
someone else did also change this file.  See 'Conflicts example'
section in cvs.info.

[...]
> I decided to toss the fi.po and copy templates.pot. I'll copy the
> translated strings there manually.

When you have locally modified files, you should not blindly run
'cvs update', but make sure that there will be no such conflicts
by running 'cvs -nq update' first.  If there are, backup your
changes:
 $ cvs diff -u fi.po > mychanges
get the new file
 $ rm fi.po
 $ cvs update fi.po
and incorporate your changes (either with the patch command or by hand).

Denis