Re: FAILED : Install Report : d-i_powerpc-20040109

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 12:52:24AM +0100, Fabrice Lorrain (home) wrote:
> Steve Langasek a écrit :
> >On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 11:24:56PM +0100, Fabrice Lorrain (home) wrote:

> >>Sarge.
> >>dowload location :
> >>people.d.o/~manty/testing/netinst/powerpc/20040109/sarge-powerpc-netinst.iso
> >>download date : provided in the subject (20040109)

> >It may not make a difference in this case, but please note that daily
> >cdimages are now being hosted in a more "official" location.

> >  http://people.debian.org/cdimage/testing/

> >I don't know that this has been announced anywhere yet?

> It has, in d-cd.d.o. See [0]

> >At any rate, there are two sets of daily netinst images there now: one
> >built using sid, one built using sarge.  The sid image should naturally
> >be the first to include the fix for this bug.

> I might be pretty dump but can someone clarify a bit :

> 1-http://people.debian.org/~manty/testing/netinst/

No longer used for dailies; not updated since 20030109.

> 2-http://people.debian.org/~manty/testing/sid_d-i/netinst/

No longer used for dailies (and wasn't used for long); not updated since
20030109.

> 3-http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/

Updated daily, contains ISO images built using packages in sarge

> 4-http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sid_d-i/netinst/

Updated daily, contains ISO images built using packages in sid

> 6-ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/20040102/images/

Official kernel/initrd images.  Corresponds to the last "released"
(uploaded) version of debian-installer.  Not current by any means,
though this is likely what will be used for beta2.

> 7-ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/installer-*

Official kernel/initrd images for all architectures currently being
considered candidates for beta2, I believe.  I'm not sure if they're
actually viable release candidates, though -- I know alpha has needed
some changes to the debian-installer core since 20040102, and I thought
ia64 did also, but maybe not.

> 8-http://people.debian.org/~tsauter/d-i/images-powerpc/daily/

Daily d-i builds on powerpc.  C.f.:

  http://people.debian.org/~eppesuig/debian-installer/daily-powerpc-build

Daily powerpc builds being used for the CD images

  http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/d-i/images/daily

Daily alpha builds being used for the CD images

  http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/installer-i386/current/images

Daily i386 builds being used for the CD images

  http://people.debian.org/~jbailey/ia64

Daily ia64 builds being used for the CD images

> I would like not to repeat the frustrating experience I had with testing
> bf for woody, ie lagging to much. Reporting bugs already known and
> spending time on problems already corrected is not the best way of using
> your time.

> So, can someone point me to the right place to get :
> 1- up to date iso to test
> 2- daily build of kernel+initrd to netboot.

So for 1) see <http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/>.  The sarge and
sid images will have different sets of bugs at any given time; I suspect
that right now, until powerpc's udebs are lifted into testing, the sid
CDs are the ones to test.

For 2),
<http://people.debian.org/~eppesuig/debian-installer/daily-powerpc-build>
seems to apply, as these are the images being used for the CDs.

HTH,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer