Re: Plurar and Singular

Nikolai Prokoschenko wrote:
> What do you mean exactly? ngettext-style translation would be the
> described method of including several translation, using msgid_plural etc.
> I just found out, that I could have used these, if the templates had such
> a possibility, but unfortunately, this is not done. Instead, something
> weird appeared there "and can install any of ${PACKAGE_COUNT}
> ${PACKAGES}.". How do I handle this beast now?

I did that to hack around debconf's translation support not having
ngettext support. The ${PACKAGES} is replaced with the msgstr for
"package" and "packages", (from po/base-config.pot, not in the debconf
templates pot file). That one string is filled in using ngettext. It's
probably not ideal, but it should work.

--
see shy jo