Re: Plurar and Singular

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 06:04:51PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:

> > So does this mean we can use ngettext-style translations from now on?
> Could you give details about this?

What do you mean exactly? ngettext-style translation would be the
described method of including several translation, using msgid_plural etc.
I just found out, that I could have used these, if the templates had such
a possibility, but unfortunately, this is not done. Instead, something
weird appeared there "and can install any of ${PACKAGE_COUNT}
${PACKAGES}.". How do I handle this beast now?

> PS : congrats for the great work on RU translations....

Thank you, but the translation is unfortunately in a rough pre-beta state.
We are trying to have all strings roughly translated and then polish it
up. BTW, is it actually possible or acceptable to misuse the
Last-Translator field for something like "Debian Russian-L10nTeam"? I
feel slightly uncomfortable with only my name put there, even though not
that much activity is given from the others, but this will soon change, as
far as I can tell.

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org