Re: Plurar and Singular

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 10:07:06PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:

> useful.  This is true, but maybe in this specific case you could rewrite
> the translated text to something like:
>   The Debian package management tool, apt, is now configured, and can
>   install any package.  Current number of packages is ${PACKAGE_COUNT}.

Yes, that's what I've done. But still I wish this problem could be
addressed, as otherwise we'd have this "Seconds left: 10" phenomena, which
has been ranted on by many IT usability experts.

> various languages.  Debconf internally stores these messages in a hash
> langcode => 'translated message', and prints each message according to
> user's preferences.

So there wouldn't be place for additional translations..... OK, thank you
for the explanation!

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org