Re: Plurar and Singular

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 08:04:24PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:

> -- assume that ${PACKAGE_COUNT} falls into the largest plural category
>    the language has, because I don't know of a language where this
>    wouldn't be the case given the number of packages in Debian

Not quite. For example, in the russian language, the form is based on the
last digit, that means that 12341 is singular and 12345 is plural. So it
IS a problem for many.

Have I understood you right, that debian-installer is not able to support
ngettext, or is it usable, but not practical?

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org