CUstom boot images HOWTO?

Has anyone got a HOW-TO document on how I can spin my own custom Debian boot images?

I have hardware I want to isntall Debian to. All of the units have a disk controller that is not in any of the boot images
for debian.  However, I can build a kernel to support it.  I am just
green enough tonot quite know how to get that kernel into a bootable
floppy disk that will allow me to use the existing debian floppy boot, and netowrk install methods.

Suggestions?

Thank you for your time,

Bryan