Re: install on sony vaio laptop problems

ons 2003-03-05 klockan 09.42 skrev Christian T. Steigies:
> > Use the woody CDs to install and then apt-get dist-upgrade to whatever
> > distribution you want to use. The sarge CDs are there for easy testing
> > of debian-installer (which is still in alpha).
>
> Not all Vaios come with a (usable) CD drive. You might want to look at the
> linux-sony mailing list/website, they have a lot of useful information.
>
> http://returntonature.com/pipermail/linux-sony/
> http://returntonature.com/linux/phpwiki/
>
> Of course it would help a lot to know _what_ Sony Vaio you have.

What I *meant* was that if you've used a sarge CD, don't. Use a woody CD
instead. If you used a sarge floppy, don't. Use woody floppies instead.
If you use the sarge CD/floppy/et.c. we don't guarantee that anything
works. Of course, we'd be happy to get feedback on the installer, though
:-)

--
Martin Sjögren
  sjogren@debian.org -- marvin@dum.chalmers.se