Re: install on sony vaio laptop problems

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 09:16:30AM +0100, Martin Sjögren wrote:
> ons 2003-03-05 klockan 00.38 skrev Blake Pike:
> > I'm having a very small problem installing Debian Linux from a net
> > install on a Sony Vaio Laptop. When I start my installation and I get
> > to the installing modules part, I'm unable to see all of my choices
> > because they scroll off screen. I also had  a small problem with the
> > keyboard layout getting scrambled.
> >
> > Any help would be great. thanks
>
> Use the woody CDs to install and then apt-get dist-upgrade to whatever
> distribution you want to use. The sarge CDs are there for easy testing
> of debian-installer (which is still in alpha).

Not all Vaios come with a (usable) CD drive. You might want to look at the
linux-sony mailing list/website, they have a lot of useful information.

http://returntonature.com/pipermail/linux-sony/
http://returntonature.com/linux/phpwiki/

Of course it would help a lot to know _what_ Sony Vaio you have.

Christian